Thursday, April 2, 2009

At 5AM this am, as Candice and I were taking our daily normal
"trek around the tracks"
we had a discussion....
We never used to watch TV. It was something that we would do "as we were doing something else". No time for it. A definate waste of our energy.
Have you seen the commercials for HULU- Brain + TV = cottage cheese mush.
TV doesn't rot your brain, it only softens it so aliens can gobble it up!
But something in our lives has changed- {hopefully not the fast approaching old age??} What has overcome our daily rituals? For her its House, 24, and Dancing with the stars. Its a good thing she has tevo so she can sit for a few hours a day and watch any shows she's missed. he he he

But for me its REALITY TV. Why, oh why did they create that? Was it just for me?-I think so. Sure I bawk and say, those silly, stupid, dumb people, but I guess I'm hooked. Oh, and to add to the my below "to die for" list, add my show The TUDORS!! It doesn't really qualify as a reality show, but it was reality back in the 1700's.
Housewifes of NY
Biggest Loser
Running in heels
Dancing with the Stars
Cash in the Attic
Kitchen Nighmare
What shows are you hooked on?
{now tell the truth, there's got to be one at least!}

for those of you who actually think you are loosing your brain-
watch THIS video that states we start loosing our memory ability at age 27!
It also gives us hints to help combat that HULU effect!

5 comments:

•stephanie• said...

please add project runway and top chef to your list.

BLStradling said...

Biggest loser & What not to wear are my TV addictions!!!

Candice and Steve said...

Gee, we look great in that picture don't we? I'm the one with the pony tail, right? And....I never miss watching "Lost" either. And Fox News.

Sassy said...

oh wow...you hit the nail on the head with this...I never watched t.v. before reality t.v.....I've ALWAYS bee a fox news junkie...but that dang reality stuff reached and grabbed me from the start....I ♥ BIGGEST LOSER, DANCING WITH THE STARS, AMERICAN IDOL, AMAZING RACE, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE and I get a kick out of that stupid wife swap and threaten my fam that I'm going on that and S O O N!!!!!!! Just so they know I am not so bad...LOL

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Amazing Race, Biggest Loser , of course! Heroes, Private Practice, now ER is over.. Brothers & SIsters (couple of not great ones there, but we are hooked!)
The dancing ones, and Idol I dont' care so much for anymore..