In my own little corner of my backyard is my little garden..... It's not much but I can sit and relax and enjoy what I love to do- READ. I can hide away from all the hustle and bustle of work and the day. 3:00 is the magical hour. The sun is behind me, the bugs are all gone, no one home yet, just quiet....... peace...... tranquility! All I need is 30 minutes, JUST 30 MINUTES!During my last trip to the UK while in the Cotswold, I purchased some antique "pocket books" (seen left ) Little did I know when I practically "stole" them for 2£ for the entire set that they would be the best little gems I could have ever imagined. I knew when I opened them and the first paragraph said "Cotswold" I had to have them. {
Even though I have seen them selling for $80 US dollars for just one book, that is not the gem of the deal. It is the stories. They are written by a Scottish woman -pen-name O Douglas- who grew up in the UK-particularly Scotland during the early 1900's. They date from 1912 to 1924.Janes Parlour
Taken by the Hand
Pink Sugar
Penny Plain
Priorsford
Some experience of an Irish R.M.
The pages might be a little tattered and faded, but the stories come to life as I read them. The remind me of my Mom, her life growing up in Edinburg and me as a little child in England. Somehow I've always felt that I was born in the wrong era.... maybe that why I love these books so much.Taken by the Hand
Pink Sugar
Penny Plain
Priorsford
Some experience of an Irish R.M.
As I sit and read, they call me home.........
"There's comfort for the comfortless,
And honey for the bee,
And there's nane for me but you, my love,
And there's nane for you but me.
"There's comfort for the comfortless,
And honey for the bee,
And there's nane for me but you, my love,
And there's nane for you but me.

3 comments:
ohh I love your little garden! It's so pretty and it looks like a great spot to relax and read.
Hoe wonderful that is for you...I have a spot I can go hide too and I ♥ it soooooooooo much! I love those little books...my fam is from Scotland and someday I hope to get to go and visit there....sounds like you found a real treasure...not only your books but your little Bobbi spot as well...
ooooops that was suppose to say HOW not HOE....geez
Post a Comment