Sunday, April 12, 2009

Beatrix Potter ~Peter Rabbit & Jemima Puddleduck, Johnny townmouse, Benjamin Bunny



Last year around Easter the "girls" and I made paper mache' eggs. They sat forgotten in my closet for a whole year. I ran across them a few weeks ago. Using a few of the Beatrix Potter watercolor's I purchased in England I found a way to share with my daughters
my ♥love♥ for Peter Rabbit.
What better time than Easter?

Just a side note, another thing special about Beatrix Potter was my mothers love for rabbits. Before she passed away, she even used "Floxy" as her internet name.

Here is a picture of Sandy, Kristy, and I at Hawkshead, Bowness on Windemere Lake in England, the Home of Beatrix Potter. It was absolutely breathtaking. Quiet, and peaceful. Her home was up on a hill and I could just picture her sitting taking in the scenery. She loved the land.











By the way, if you haven't seen the movie "Miss Potter", its a must!!

2 comments:

BLStradling said...

You are the most creative person that I know! Loved the movie of Miss potter also. Happy Easter! Love ya.

Sassy said...

WOW! I ♥ your Peter Rabbit eggs!!!!! I am a fan of Beatrix Potter, too. When Stephanie had her first baby...his room was decorated in this theme. LOVE the eggs!