Thursday, April 9, 2009

GEEKY or FREAKY


New computer time. I loved my old computer but it was slowly dying.
The search began..........
Wow, so many and so much to choose from.

megabytes, gigabytes, ram, processors, dual core,

quad core, sound card, video card, router,


wireless, backup, all in one-(wouldlovethat)


security, Windows XP, Vista, Vista 64 bit

ethernet, monitor, printer, extended warranty

what will work with my work computer??


~~ITS ALL GEEK {GREEK} TO ME ~~
all these decisions were FREAKING me out!
I KNOW I KNOW, too much information. zzzzzz sleeping??

In the end, I couldn't pass up the $600 off with my employee discount so I broke down and purchased a Dell {not my first choice}. It's a gaming computer, fastest processor, fastest ram, fastest WHATEVER and a great big new 32" montor with a TV tuner
(have you heard the future of TV is on the computer??)
Its delivered. Now the set up......
ya, I figured I'm pretty smart and could do it. HA HA- NOT! Had to call my trusted neighbor/coworker IT geek, Scott. BLESS HIM!, and wa-la. Many hrs later its set up.

Does it work? Have to reload all my old favorite programs like Photoshop (can't live without it) iTunes for the kiddies, google Earth for the hubby, remove all he "free trail" pop up stuff,
and two days later, it is finally set.
Wowee! ZIP ZOW! Its definitely lightning fast!
Now the prob is..... with this new fandangled keyboard, (flat like a laptop)
can I hot the ribht lettdrs and ca n I ty pe a s fa st as it ca n s e nd?

2 comments:

•stephanie• said...

congratulations on the new addition.

Sassy said...

LLLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCKKKYY!!!!!! I love the big screen! I am sure I am going blind...because I can't see the screen so well any more...I squint, I PUT MY GLASSES ON AND I TAKE THEM OFF...geez...CONGRATULATIONS! All the better to blog my dear!!!