Sunday, April 5, 2009

Put his arms unfailing round you....


God be with you til we meet again.
The Tabernacle men
♫♪singing ♫♪
a Capella--amazing.
So peaceful, then the women joining in building the song-stronger and stronger.
Just the voices of ....
Heaven!
♥
Some thoughts I take away from Conference : Happiness. Wonderful. Compassionate. Motivating. Peaceful. Love. Testimony. Service. Joy. Kindness. Mercy. Soul searching. Repentanct-Forgiveness. Did the talks reach through the TV and touch you as they did me? As I sat and listened it took me away from the things of the world, the worries of the world, the temptations of the world. To feel the love and hear the words of our beloved leaders stirs the soul and builds the testimony. One thought that comes to mind as I watched the last session is, I am not alone. I do not have to face my trials alone. My God and Jesus Christ are with me. They love me and will help.

Most touching moment: When Bro. Holland
spoke of Christ is the garden of Gethsemane and how even the apostles fell asleep as he was praying and suffering. How even those who loved him dearly abondoned him in his hour of great need.
Another thought
: I am not a grain of sand to flow with every one else, I should stand on my own, be vigilant in my beliefs.
Another thought
: as I listen so are millions of other people. They are feeling the same feelings. As I bow my head, they are bowing their heads all saying the same prayer. All of us feeling the love of Christ and our leaders.
My favorite talk:
(if I had to choose) Dallin H Oaks-
My favorite part of his talk:
Quote from
Mother Teresa- "We cannot
all do great things,
but we
can
all do small things

with
great love".

2 comments:

•stephanie• said...

yes, elder oaks talk was awesome.
also loved president eyring's.
and thinking that my son was watching the same talks ~ in spanish ~ which he says is interesting

Sassy said...

I so enjoyed conference! Many times brought me clear to tears....my heart was full and alot of times felt the message was just for me but I'm guessing everybody felt that way...and like Stephanie said I was thinking of Dallas sitting there listening to the very same talks as well...I am ALWAYS so sad when it ends...it's like I can't get enough...Love Mother Teresa...what a sweetie!!!