O What a BEAUTIFUL MORNING- too bad my kids missed it.
We try to make it easy for my kids to attend both the Rogers family and the in-laws family celebrations. Every holiday we search for new ways to do this. For this Easter, we tried [TRIED] to do a sunrise breakfast. The plan was to go to Usary Pass Park (which we have done before) and climb the mountain and watch the sunrise. But you know newlywed's and families with small children--always tired! Never enough sleep. Not so much awake at sunrise. Never made it to Usary!
Here is a pic of the beautiful sunrise, which by the way, ALL the kids missed.
Instead this is what my family did:
I finally got everyone to wake up and we had an Easter Egg hunt for Lincoln
Then had a bubble making contest.
Papa helping Linkers with his new bubble lawn mower.
Lincoln playing in the bubbles
Lots of tiny bubbles
Nanny and Linkers- medium bubbles
Koltn WINS!! BIGGEST BUBBLES!! Its all just too much for Papa. He is tired so he sits down for a short rest. ..and BAM, he's a gonner!! ZzzzzzzZZzzzz
Needless to say, No more Easter Sunrise for us! Maybe you have a few ideas to share for alternative family holiday celebrations....
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
wow the Sunrise looks so pretty! What a fun Easter sunday.
Surely there was something more comfy than the sidewalk...he reminds me of my dad...one time we went shopping at the mall as kids and we lost him and finally found him rolled up on carpet rugs for sale and this croud was standing around...as a teenager I was mortified...now I understand wanting a nap so bad...I'll take my chances almost anywhere too. I love the picture of Koltn...computer, scriptures, cell phone and tape measure....all the things that get us thru life!!! What a gorgeous sunrise pic!!!
2 comments:
wow the Sunrise looks so pretty! What a fun Easter sunday.
Surely there was something more comfy than the sidewalk...he reminds me of my dad...one time we went shopping at the mall as kids and we lost him and finally found him rolled up on carpet rugs for sale and this croud was standing around...as a teenager I was mortified...now I understand wanting a nap so bad...I'll take my chances almost anywhere too. I love the picture of Koltn...computer, scriptures, cell phone and tape measure....all the things that get us thru life!!! What a gorgeous sunrise pic!!!
Post a Comment