Friday, January 6, 2012

PRAISE BE TO THOSE LITTLE PINK PILLS!

A PART OF MY LIFE...... 
As the last of daylight recedes and my part of the world plunges into darkness (not sleeping makes me melodramatic, okay?) I sit in my chair staring at computer thinking, “I could get in bed now at a decent hour and watch the movie screening on the backs of my eyelids titled, “Everything You Ever Worried About” starring Death OR I could stay up to the point of delirious exhaustion and hope that when I finally fall into bed at 4 AM even my anxieties will have passed out.

I confess, I AM AN INSOMNIAC.  
Up to this point, no doctor, no drug, no pseudo psychosis treatment, no bio feedback, has worked.  
Let me tell you I've tried it ALL.
Nothing, Nada, Niet! Nein!.  
People always called me so productive, energetic, asking "how I got so much done" in a day.....  Little did anyone know it was because 
I DIDN"T SLEEP!
In conversations I would joke and laugh acting like it was not important, but let me tell you, it has been a burden! No one can really truly know how it effects a person until they have had REAL insomnia-not for a day or two, not for months, not for years, but for DECADES!

On my last trip to the UK my bestie Debbie 

told me about her sleepless issues and we chatted about it nonchalantly for a little while.  She told me her doctor prescribed an over the counter safe-harmless-natural sleep remedy.  
Melatonin.
(DO YOU HEAR THE ANGELS SINGING?)


PRAISE THE LORD!  
FOR HE IS THE ONE WHO MADE IT!
PRAISE DEBBIE 
FOR SHE IS THE ONE WHO TOLD ME ABOUT IT.  
When I got home in September, the first thing I did was buy a bottle.
Since then, I have slept LIKE A BABY!
no crickets, 
no dogs, 
no snoring, 
no bumps in the night, 
no thoughts, 
no dreams,
no counting sheep,
no trying to create numbers in my head, 
no wind blowing, 
no being afraid i am NOT going to sleep, 
no cars driving by, 
no cats meowing, 
no water dripping,
no sprinklers in the neighbors yard,
no neighbors TV's,
no birds,
no baby crying,
nothing wakes me up!
I PRAISE EACH AND EVERY NIGHT 
BECAUSE NOW I CAN SLEEP! 
I actually look forward to evening, to nighttime!
I place four of those delicious(not really) fast dissolving strawberry tablets in my mouth, then I take 2 ibuprofen, and 
nighty night!  
Off to slumber land..... 
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Thanks Deb!!
thanks Natrol for producing it
Thanks Heavenly Father! 
I kinda feel normal now.

Melatonin is a natural hormone that regulates the human biological clock.  How to Use It:  Normally, the body secretes melatonin for several hours per night—an effect best duplicated with time-release supplements. Studies using timed-release melatonin for insomnia have reported good results.1 Many doctors suggest 1–3 mg of melatonin taken one to two hours before bedtime. Melatonin should not be taken during the day.  It may be that melatonin, when taken as a supplement, can stop or slow the spread of cancer, make the immune system stronger, or slow down the aging process. But these areas need more research.

SIDE NOTE (YOU KNOW I ALWAYS HAVE ONE)  
BY THE WAY, IF SOME REPORT COMES OUT SOMETIME THAT SAYS TAKING MELATONIN WILL KILL YOU- PLEASE DON'T TELL ME BECAUSE I MIGHT HAVE TO KILL YOU!


2 comments:

Debbie Allen said...

I am glad I could help. Did you know it is also suppost to help prevent cancer. All I know is that it WORKS

Candice and Steve said...

Wow....that list of things you tried was exhausting! I remember when you tried to teach me how to create numbers in my head. I never could get the hang of it. I just snore instead and keep Steve awake.