So... are we really down to this.....
YES!! the floor.
TOP layer was this:
Color "RASPBERRY" a cool color in the 80's.
I'm a little embarrassed to say this was the current layer of the floor.
Quoting Koltn: I cant believe the carpet is gone...That's what the Rogers home was known for!
Thankfully yes....
the carpet was removed by the jack of all trades, the hubs and son.
HEAVE HO!
(hint- cutting the carpet down into smaller pieces makes it easier to carry and throw.
Underneath was this:
The 1979 Earth-tone linoleum tile. (I had forgotten about it)
The raging thing back in the day of the construction of this house.
As a newly married couple trying to save money-
we opted for the "chipper" tile than carpet.
(say it like Steve Martin in Father of the Bride-chipper chicken)
Many a rug was laid down on top of this, many a boom swept, and mop cleaned, juices spilled, sliding in the socks, pirouettes turned, and kids race car driven on this tile..
It does bring back a few fond memories.
But it MUST go......
This can really be a pain (in the back-if you catch my drift)but underneath the linoleum we found this
BLACK TAR!
Wow have we come a long way since then. No tar being used today- but for that matter
no linoleum tile being used today either!
So how do you remove the tar? Well that is a conundrum.
We've had many suggestions...
but the one that seems to be working is....
THE WORLDS LARGEST RAZOR BLADES!
and it ain't no easy task removing this stuff!
(I just keep thinking of the beautiful updated
kitchen/dining room to come and it keeps me going)
Both John and I have spent many hours on the floor painstakingly removing this ugly stuff
When this chore is done... this will be going down.
You'll have to wait to see how it looks : P



2 comments:
isn't it fun living through {and IN} a remodel?
but, oh, so worth it.
can't wait to see the finished product!
Ohhhh how I remember removing that black tar from our home over on Emelita.....IT IS WORK!!!!!! I can NOT wait to see your new room....I'LL BET IT WILL BE TO DIE FOR...knowing you!!!!!!
Post a Comment