Thursday, August 12, 2010

Can you say purple??

Can you say Purple?
I've been having a lot of fun sewing for my first grand-daughter. Little girl DRESSES are so dang CUTE!
And the best part
is that it doesn't have to be a perfect fit. Those little blessings just don't seem to care if the dress is slightly big or doesn't quite fit around the shoulders, or if the dress is a little too long!~ They are not particular [yet].
This dress was created without a pattern.
I love being able to sew without a pattern. Its a little more like scrapbooking. You have to "figure" out the style, the placement of the parts, and the accessories!
Here is how I made the flowers at the neckline.
Simply stitch the tip of the folded flower onto your neckline. I used a very small zigzag stitch for just a couple of loops. You of course could hand sew them (me...NOT- I really think I despise the handsewing part.)
This is the bottom view of the flowers. When you barely stitch them
they can "blossom open" and create a cute ruffle.
Here is the back and how I attached the straps.
The extra length of the strap tied into a cute little bow.
Then I made a headband (all little girls need a headband!)

and last but not least... the little bloomers.
Should I add a ruffle? Contrasting material? white? What do you think?
Next picture I'll try to post Acey in the dress!
And now I'm off to try to sew some "boy" things!

3 comments:

Kelsey & Beau said...

Okay! Im so ecxited for Acey to wear this!!!! Yay! I love purple! A Ruffle wuld be super cute on the bloomers, if you do it, it should be contrasting fabric :)

TRAYCIE said...

This is darling I love the material. Thanks for the directions. Grandaughters are so fun!

Candice and Steve said...

OK, so another cute sewing project! My vote is leave it just how it is....it's darling!