I am a tea cup collector.
(My mom started me on this years ago
by sending me her
"tiny English tea cup" collection.
Even though this box no longer contains the tiny tea cups, I can't seem to discard it because it has my mothers writing on it.)
by sending me her
"tiny English tea cup" collection.
Even though this box no longer contains the tiny tea cups, I can't seem to discard it because it has my mothers writing on it.)
I have them displayed in various places in my home along with a few items I picked up on my trips home.

Would you like some cream with your tea?
Throughout the years she has

Mind you, these are not just any tea cups or pots.
They are original British items.
Ones that were passed on to her from her mother or granny.
that one day my grandchildren and
I would have a British "tea party".
One where they could learn some etiquette
and still have some fun.
Imagine a "high tea"
Here's the problem..... With only one granddaughter
in the family, my hopes were diminishing of a tea party.
Would you like some cream with your tea?
Throughout the years she has
occasionally sent me other items she loved.
They are original British items.
Ones that were passed on to her from her mother or granny.
I've cherished these items.
Little pieces of my mom and my ancestors.
See, my mom was not a collector. She didn't save many things so they must have been special to her because she kept them all those years. What an honor I have them now.
In the back of my head I have always hoped Little pieces of my mom and my ancestors.
See, my mom was not a collector. She didn't save many things so they must have been special to her because she kept them all those years. What an honor I have them now.
that one day my grandchildren and
I would have a British "tea party".
One where they could learn some etiquette
and still have some fun.
Imagine a "high tea"
with the skones, clotted cream, pastries,
and some "non-tea, tea"
Stirring the tea with proppa tea spoons.
Adding some cream and sugar...
This is just a few of them. Which one would you choose?Here's the problem..... With only one granddaughter
in the family, my hopes were diminishing of a tea party.
Until yesterday... MOTHERS DAY~
when my perfect little Grandson ~ Lincoln
when my perfect little Grandson ~ Lincoln
asked if he could have a tea party.
(It seems his pre-school has some play cups and
their teacher told them soon they will have a tea party)
(It seems his pre-school has some play cups and
their teacher told them soon they will have a tea party)
I WAS THRILLED!
Here he is practicing his tea "etiquette"
First attempt on the "pinkey thing"
A little better this time.
Ah by George I think he's got it!
And don't forget the finger must be on top of the tea pot
or else the lid will fall off,
and that's the
PROPPA
way to serve and drink tea!
or even apple juice : )
And this is the way Heavenly Father
sends me a little tender mercy...
Or maybe it was a angel in Heaven named Marie
who sent me a message through my grandson
ON THIS MOTHERS DAY.
I believe it was both.

And this is the way Heavenly Father
sends me a little tender mercy...
Or maybe it was a angel in Heaven named Marie
who sent me a message through my grandson
ON THIS MOTHERS DAY.
I believe it was both.

3 comments:
What wonderful treasures! Especially that cute boy! I have little mini cups and saucers that my sister and I used to have tea parties with!
I'll have a tea party with you!
I'll have a tea party with you too!!!!! I love love love tea cups and you have some pretty treasures! He is too cute!!!! LOVE YOUR NEW KITCHEN!!!!
Post a Comment