Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Refinishing w/Annie Sloan Paints and wax

I just can't have this old thing in my new kitchen/dining room!
Its been through a lot and was nice back in its day 
but is just like a sore thumb now. 
(My Dining room table with Mismatch chairs)  
I've already painted the chairs black.
(sorry didn't get pics of the "before" chairs )
 So what should I do?  That's always the hardest part isn't it?
After a month of trying to decide I chose:
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
**Primer Red**
(I was gonna go aubusson blue but my hubby turned up his nose)
So Primer Red it was.  
Paint went down so easily, so I started on the stenciled border.
 All done!  Clear wax in the center, 
and dark wax around the outside.  
Love♥ Love♥ Love♥ the dark wax!!
subtle in some places, more prominent in others.
 
 gorgeous! (but thats just my opinion)
 and now the chairs all painted and re-upholstered
can you hear me all ♪ ♫ giddy ♪ ♫
did I mention I love it?!!!!!
Full View (woops need to fix the border of the table)
How could I have missed that??
 But now.....Ouch!  a week later--it started to splotch  
 Why? What did I do wrong? Is it the wax? 
How do I fix this? Remove the wax? Add more wax? 
I am sure it was something I did, but please..... 
i don't want to start over again!!   ... sighhhhhhh
MAYBE ANNIE SLOAN CAN HELP? 
all the way from the UK!
From one Brit to another.....
HELP ANNIE!!! 
or anyone who has used Annie Sloan Chalk paint and wax... 
I welcome all suggestions.

3 comments:

Shellene said...

If I only had just a tidge of your talent and ambition I'd go far. Your abilities amaze me. You rock Bobbi!

Tatum Rogers said...

Love the way your table turned out, you did a great job! Maybe do a coat of satin-polyrethane on the table and it will give it an all over more even look and will protect your hard work?? Just a thought....I could be wrong.

Sassy said...

OH MY STINKIN' STARS!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! You are AMAZING!!!!! I do feel for you...the time I painted our kitchen floor in black and white checks.....I talked to the guys at Home Depot....to help me withsealer...anyway they gave me the wrong kind and it turned my floor yellow and gummy and I had to strip it all the way back down to the concrete...NOT FUN!!!! I hope you can find some answers and they are easy ones......IT IS BEAUTIFUL MY FRIEND!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!