Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Who ever thought this would be a pleasant experience?

As I have said before......
I have ugly feet! (My fathers feet not my mothers feet) They are short and stubby and very wide. As a retired dance teacher I went many years barefoot so they became rough and tough. Get the pic? (sorry if you do)

These are not my feet! (who can wear these nails?)


these are not my feet either! (do people really pay to have a pedicure for fake acrylic toenails? Perhaps these feet roam 24the Street & Van Buren area-- if you catch my drift! )

Anyway, I keep my feet covered whenever possible. Living in AZ makes that pretty impossible since this is the FLIP FLOP capital of the world! Flip flops are worn 24/7 365! And I am one of the culprits who fit into that category. Let me apologize to my fellow Arizonans who have to see my feet.

So I keep them clean, manicured, nails neat and trimmed (as much as possible) and wear no polish. This is in hopes they can be incognito and oblivious to the world.

Previously at my (post diet) weight and a little scared of the pedicure salon, giving myself a pedicure has been a difficult procedure. Bending over to use my pumice stone- applying lotion, clipping...etc. My fatty tummy has been in the way(weigh). I tried performing this ritual using my water foot massage machine but to no avail! Second choice... bathroom sink. Imagine......Foot hiked up on the counter, into the sink, body twisted to the max just to get a good angle. Got the picture!! (sorry- sad I know)

But YESTERDAY! It all changed. 25 lbs lighter, 6 inches gone from the waste (waist) line. After my shower, I made my way to the bathroom counter, I bent right over chest onto my knee and clipped away! IT WAS BLISSFUL! I WAS IN AWE! I was able to even give myself a french nail pedicure with a little flower on the big toe!! SUCH DELIGHT!

Who ever thought clipping your toenails would be so exciting!
(BTW- promise me you won't look down when you see me next time!)

4 comments:

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Yahoo! I am so proud of you! I remember after losing my first 25 lbs my life was totally changed! I felt amazing! Good for you!

Dawn Thomas said...

You crack me up!!! Wow! You go girl!!! I have done absolutely terrible on this wellness challenge. I think I need to go into a rehab I swear! :)

Debbie said...

Ahhh Man! I was expecting a picture!

Candice and Steve said...

Hey, I've seen your feet. What is the big deal? At least you don't have fungus on your toenails. Hee hee :)