
The first thing they did was bring a basket with bread and butter to the table. Oh my! Then they handed me a 24 page menu. SALADS, SALADS--WHERE ARE THE SALADS??????Ah- there they are, behind the pasta, and the pizza, and the steak and chops, and the appetizers (road sliders, fried macaroni, buffalo blasts, southern fried Chicken sliders, and so on)
SATAN GET THEE BEHIND ME !!

So I gander through the salad selection. Caesar Salad, Cobb Salad, Chinese Chicken Salad, Luau Salad, Santa Fe Salad, and Barbecue Ranch Chicken Salad. But as I looked over the ingredients in the salad, most contained croutons, special Dressing, some kind of fruit--apple/orange/mango's/, macadamia or peanuts, fried onions, tortilla strips, black beans, corn, ...and the list goes on..... Then below the salads, down at the bottom of the page I found..

"Weight Management Salads"
which contained crispy noodles, almonds and sesame seeds, more black beans, rice-yes RICE, roasted pears, candied pecans!!! When I looked closer- these weight management salads were all between 550-700 calories!!Sorry Cheesecake--I FAIL TO SEE THE WEIGHT MANAGEMENT HERE!
All I wanted is a simple green tossed salad. You know... tossed salad, greens, tomato, carrots, cucumber.... and maybe some grilled Chicken. No dressing, nothing sweet, nothing special added..... BUT IT WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND! So I asked the waiter, may I have a tossed green salad with no dressing, and some grilled chicken on top? He was puzzled and shocked. "Well its not on the menu but I'm sure the chef will make it up for you".
That he did!
I was charged $8.95 for a to$sed green $alad and $7.45 for a grilled chicken brea$t.
$Co$t of my $alad- $ 16.40!
$Co$t of my $alad- $ 16.40!
It would have been cheaper and probably more delicious to have ordered the Southern Fried Chicken Sliders or beer battered Fish and Chips!! Oh ya, I didn't even have a piece of cheesecake!
I CAN SEE THIS DINING OUT IS GOING TO BE
MUCH MORE DIFFICULT THAN I THOUGHT!!!!
MUCH MORE DIFFICULT THAN I THOUGHT!!!!
2 comments:
I feel your pain....but you go, girl!! Hey----can I pick your brain and your stash of cool stuff for a bridal shower I am having this weekend??!! Colors are green and orange.
OK that story just makes me mad! Cheesecake Factory owes you a free salad and I'll go there to eat one with you! Or...we'll go somewhere else because they are just......well.....stupid!
Post a Comment