Thursday, June 21, 2012

MARK OF THE BEAST? 6-6-6

I have been thinking about uploading my GEDcom files to ancestry 
~but not sure I like the idea.  
I come from a long line on NONpublic people.   
(yes you know who you are)
Which makes the thought linger in my mind.... 
Once you go public,you can never go back.
But when my friend Debbie 
(yes you know who you are too!)
said to me:
"OH I GET SO EXCITED WHEN I SIGN ON AND SEE ONE OF THOSE LITTLE GREEN LEAVES WAIVING AT ME"
It made me rethink.
 We can't go around with our head in the sand, ignoring some of the wonderful things made possible 
by the current PUBLIC-NESS of our world (is that a word?)   
... and you know me- I'll never pass up a little excitement.
Technology today can sometimes be a good thing.(right?)
So.....I have a new friend.  
It is ancestry.com. 
It has possessed me 
I spend every waking moment glued to the computer.
(= sore hiney & goodby Facebook, goodby Pinterest,)
Some of you may say... Oh, I just don't have the time... 
Thats a GOOD EXCUSE!  
neither do I really-So- I have made it a priority
(maybe because I wake up at night dreaming of my ancestors)
So for the past month with my head at the computer 
I've been verifying, checking, and working on my genealogy..... 
and yes....
Those little green leaves are waiving at me now too!! 
(as if saying....hello here I am, come see what I know, check me out, hey there, yep you
blink,blink,blink. COME HERE- whistle whistle! )
At first I WAS excited...... It meant maybe new information.  
I was excited to learn anything new. 
Would it be just the person I've been SEARCHING for??
but alas......those little leaves- they are no longer my "friend".
because when I checked in this am....
I had 666 of them.
Let me spell that out
SIX HUNDRED AND SIXTY SIX 
Will I ever catch up?  Sigh...... 
Instead all that came to mind was this:
Yep, today.... 
I felt like it was a "BEAST" yelling at me.... 
getter done!!



No comments: