My first experience
with Annie Sloan paints frustrated me.
(I refuse to let anything get the best of me!)
So... I thought I'd better give it another try.
I LOVE color (especially yellow- I think I'm obsessed).
I have a large dining room now
but am in need of some extra seating.
So BLING BLING a light bulb went off in my head.
(thank you pinterest)
The hunt began,
for the perfect size, perfect price, perfect designed
for the perfect size, perfect price, perfect designed
vintage headboard to convert into a bench seat.
Here is the head board notice the scrolls (♥♥♥) and cut outs(♥♥♥)
Next was to convince my Hubz to do the manual labor.
I drew out a design and I showed him THIS HEADBOARD and asked if he could do this magical makeover.
Here is the maestro at work!
(behind that fence is his workshed in progress--
I am sure he wishes it was already done!)
Wa La! the Hubz did good didn't he!
Better than what I could have asked for!
Now for the um...... finishing touches.
ANNIE SLOAN ARLES YELLOW to match my table!
(what else were you expecting?)
And this time I'll use less wax.
of course we must add a cushion
And for the piece De Re-sis-tance
under the seat baskets! (love xtra storage!)
(refurbished brown baskets with wheels ($10ea on sale @ Kirklands,
sprayed black with handmade black fabric liners and handles for easy pull out.
The baskets cost more than the bench.)
under the seat baskets! (love xtra storage!)
(refurbished brown baskets with wheels ($10ea on sale @ Kirklands,
sprayed black with handmade black fabric liners and handles for easy pull out.
The baskets cost more than the bench.)
I love the Annie Sloan Wax- especially the dark antiquing blend wax!
Now I need some throw cushions.....
What color should I go? Any Ideas??!! please share : )
1 comment:
I love the way your table and bench turned out! I love the yellow too. Great job!!
Post a Comment