Monday, December 14, 2009

LARGER THAN LIFE

It's over.
and you're probably glad that this will be my last post about Football.
Ya, I am a female who is [was] possessed about football this year.
Maybe for the very last time in his life
my son entered a football arena as a player
and maybe for the last time I have been a spectator
sitting in the stands with knots in my stomach.
Yes, this experience for him is life changing.
I am positive he will be a better man for all he's learned as a player.
So the end is bittersweet.

AZ STATE 5A II FINALS-had so many mixed feelings.
Even though the game was a loss, it was a magical night.
The Cardinal stadium was larger than life,
Tailgating was larger than life
The fans were larger than life
The anticipation was larger than life
and seeing my son,
way up there,
on the Arizona Cardinals teleprompter
-- he was larger than life.
But then again, he has always been larger than life to me.
As a religious person I know its not right to be proud, but how can I not be

And so... Old #36 shirt goes to rest.
[hopefully along with my ulcers]

3 comments:

Sassy said...

What a great post........and what a memory for him and you......

•stephanie• said...

unfortunately, hamilton's score was also larger than life. :(

SO not the outcome we'd hoped for.

still . . . MHS ~ forever the best!

{i have a testimony of the fact that it's much easier to be cheerleader parent than an athlete parent. cheerleaders = always happy as long as their hair looks cute and they're wearing glitter. athletes = me having a nervous breakdown watching them if they play/being upset if they don't play, etc., etc., etc . . .}

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Being proud is different than being pridefull... so you are just fine being a proud mom!