Growing up I hated my hands & feet.
When I asked my mom why my hands weren't like hers
--long slender smooth feminine and pretty--
her answer was always,
"you have your fathers hands and feet".
[short stubby veined and masculine]
Not until later in life when I became reacquainted with my Dad
did I realize it was true.
Somehow my hands and feet helped me reconnected our relationship.
But now a recent study done in
Bath UK by UK Scientists [brilliant as always]
it confirms the whole make up of my hands.
Scientists have known that the amount of the testosterone and estrogen
hormones a fetus receives in the womb impacts finger lengths and cognitive skills.
Testosterone lengthens ring fingers and is associated with greater math
and spatial functions, while estrogen lengthens index fingers
and is associated with greater verbal skills.
There it is... in a nutshell.
My hands are not only my fathers hands but my mothers hands as well.
My father gave me the genetics, and mother gave me the "stuff" in the womb.
Unfortunately the combination made for a disastrous outcome.
and
now
beware
I never thought I'd expose this to the public.
I suggest you don't look any further
But since my blog is my journal.....
and just for posterity sake
T is for Testosterone and TWINING!

BTW- in case your couldn't tell
my ring finger is definitely longer than my index finger.
--long slender smooth feminine and pretty--
her answer was always,
"you have your fathers hands and feet".
[short stubby veined and masculine]
Not until later in life when I became reacquainted with my Dad
did I realize it was true.
Somehow my hands and feet helped me reconnected our relationship.
But now a recent study done in
Bath UK by UK Scientists [brilliant as always]
it confirms the whole make up of my hands.
Scientists have known that the amount of the testosterone and estrogen
hormones a fetus receives in the womb impacts finger lengths and cognitive skills.
Testosterone lengthens ring fingers and is associated with greater math
and spatial functions, while estrogen lengthens index fingers
and is associated with greater verbal skills.
There it is... in a nutshell.
My hands are not only my fathers hands but my mothers hands as well.
My father gave me the genetics, and mother gave me the "stuff" in the womb.
Unfortunately the combination made for a disastrous outcome.
and
now
beware
I never thought I'd expose this to the public.
I suggest you don't look any further
But since my blog is my journal.....
and just for posterity sake
T is for Testosterone and TWINING!

BTW- in case your couldn't tellmy ring finger is definitely longer than my index finger.
4 comments:
How sweet. That's interesting though, how the length of your fingers can say something about your personality!
Very interesting! Great thinking!
oh, bobbi. you're funny.
a z-pak is the antibiotic i was on for bronchitis.
it has nothing to do with the fact that my feet are large and wide!
my ring finger is alot longer than my index finger.....and you are funny like Stephanie said....
Post a Comment