I love the old movies when the person goes into the attic and discovers an antique or a old truck full of memorabilia.....how it warms the heart and brings back loving memories.....
but it is definitely not like the one in the movies
Its AZ for heavens sake-
//its 145• up there // Its dusty // Its dirty //
//and our attic is CRAMMED full of stuff//
then, it happened.
I made a discovery!
Something special!
Its AZ for heavens sake-
//its 145• up there // Its dusty // Its dirty //
//and our attic is CRAMMED full of stuff//
then, it happened.I made a discovery!
Something special!
It was one of those beautiful moments.

I found an old box hidden in the back that had dried up duct tape and faintly written "wooden toys" on the outside.
Tears fill my eyes as I opened the box.
They may look like wooden toys to you,
but these wooden toys were made my my father
a gift for Klete when he was 1 years old
My dad is gone now.... but his loving hand work lives on.
Airplane, Helicopter, Crane, Scraper, Truck,
Truck w/Trailer, race car
and Deere Tractor
a gift for Klete when he was 1 years old
My dad is gone now.... but his loving hand work lives on.
Airplane, Helicopter, Crane, Scraper, Truck,
Truck w/Trailer, race car
and Deere Tractor


I dusted them off, cleaned them up, and set them out. When everyone arrived for Sunday dinner, John and my kids were pleasantly surprised. They relived some memories of the times when they were younger and played with them.so the memory of the wooden toys can and will be passed to my grand kids.
I can hear them now...
Remember when we went to Nanny's house
and she had the wooden toys that great grand dad made
and dad told us the story of..........
Remember when we went to Nanny's house
and she had the wooden toys that great grand dad made
and dad told us the story of..........



3 comments:
Awww ! So cool! What a great find!
What a memory! They are so cute, almost antique looking.
priceless....I have things made by the hands of my dad as well...and I cherish them...
Post a Comment