Tuesday, June 23, 2009

BORN ON THE 4TH OF JULY


I'm a YANKEE DOODLE DANDY!
I am a card carrying, pin wearing, flag waiving American.
It's my country -- love it-[or leave it].
I get teary eye'd to see the American Flag waiving high!
I am a patriot through and through!
Even though I was born in England on the 4th of July, I have always been a little more "patriotic" than the average American. I stand and place my hand over my heart when saying the pledge. I stand tall and sing loud when I sing the National Anthem. I have had the pleasure to march in the 4th of July parade down Constitution Avenue in Washington DC. I have performed on the steps of George Washington's Birthplace in Mt. Vernon.

Maybe being a naturalized citizen makes it more important to me to say these things? Perhaps, that is why when I saw this on "America's got talent" tonight, I just bawled my eyes out. It has restored my faith in our youth being proud of our country. See if you feel the same way...... ONLY IN AMERICA-the land of opportunity!

2 comments:

Sassy said...

Happy early birthday!!!! I am like you I am one of those...I pledge wholeheartedly and I usually get tears when any song is sung about America....only thing I wasn't born in England...and I would love to go to Washington and see all of the wonderful sights....you're da bomb baby!

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Great kids with Beautiful voices!