Wednesday, August 1, 2012

G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-Grandfather 14 Generations

Because of a father that left when I was young,
and a mother who never wanted to revisit her past
my family history has been an mostly unknown.
Perhaps because of this, it has always called to me...
even from a young age.
Finally at the age of 19 it all changed for me.
Maybe considered a little rebellious to some,
I became tired letting others tell me ~you don't have to know
or don't want to know, or there is nothing to know.  
I decided I would be the judge.
Many years later....
As I am (still) on my journey 
I know from somewhere deep inside that it IS important
to know the story~ more important than some will ever know.
Just LOOK at the precious document I found.
Thomas I. Twyninge  (aka Twenynge)
Birth Marriage Death Records of
from St Nichols, Warwick, Warwickshire, England in 
book dates prior to 1537
(click on the picture to enlarge
and look under Decembris- the first entry)
My G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-Grandfather.
was a Priest who ran the Parish of Barnwood of the Diocese Gloucester, in Gloucestershire, England 
from 1550 until he died in 1562.

Finding him brings me to the connection of the "navel" 
......that we are all connected to another human being 
who is connected to another human being 
who was connected to another... 
and so on and so forth. 
(whether we like it or not)
Here is such a "navel" connection:
Thomas I "Twyninge" TWENYNGE * (1523 - 1562) 
Son of Marcella
William Thomas (Twining) TWENYNGE* (1562 - 1629) 
Son of Thomas I 
William TWINING * (Sr.) (1599 - 1659) 
Son of William 
William TWINING* (Jr.) (1619 - 1703)  
Son of William
Stephen TWINING* (1658 - 1720) 
Son of William
Nathaniel "Nathan" TWINING* (1689 - 1753) 
Son of Stephen
Samuel TWINING* (1726 - 1802)  
Son of Nathaniel 
John TWINING* (1761 - 1849)  
Son of Samuel
Mahlon TWINING* (1802 - 1849) 
Son of John
Joseph TWINING* (1826 - 1890) 
Son of Mahlon
Frederick Sanford TWINING* (1863 - 1914) 
Son of Joseph
Glenn Joseph TWINING* (1904 - 1965) 
Son of Frederick 
Robert Lewis TWINING* (1931 - 2004)  
Son of Glenn 
Barbara Lynn Twining  
daughter of Robert 
Let DO save the human family by 
keeping our families ALIVE in us!!

No comments: