g.l.a.u.c.o.m.a
For those of you concerned - thank you... I feel the love!
For those who are following as a learning tool, brace yourself.
My return visit to the ophthalmologist
was not conducive to a happy feeling.
It appears the routine eye drops that MOST people use,
unhappily do not work for this woman.
Measurements of eye pressure and tests for loss of vision
show continued high pressure and a little more vision loss.
Oculus Sinister aka OS or in laymens terms
left eye- is at about 36% loss
Oculus Dexter aka OD or right eye is now up to 68% loss
"On the positive side" as the Dr. said,
"On the positive side" as the Dr. said,
(is there really a positive side?)
"even though it was down a little
it was not as aggressive as I would like"
it was not as aggressive as I would like"
Somehow I was focusing on the words "increased vision loss" which didn't seem as positive.
Change in plan.....the hopes are that a
Change in plan.....the hopes are that a
new improved PREMIUM eye drop -highway robbery-
$120 WITH insurance-highway robbery-
for possibly less than a single months supply - highway robbery-
is expected to do the trick-highway robbery-
One drop twice a day in both eyes
The container is smaller around than a penny,
and shorter than my pinky finger (half of that is the dropper portion)
and the active ingredient is ONE TENTH of a milliliter
Could that actually be more expensive than gold????
$120 X 29.75= $3,570.00- ummmm YA- more expensive than gold! Whew!!!!
Then there is the cost of the medications for
side effects of THIS medication.
sighhhhhhh......
If the drops work for the rest of my life- highway robbery-
I wont have to go under the lazer or knife-highway robbery.
I suppose my reaction should be...
I suppose my reaction should be...
My eyes and sight are worth more than gold. (they are)
AND
Sight- don't ever take it for granted (not ever again!)
side note: For those of you with a weak stomach,
don't ever look up eye diseases under google images......
unless its HALLOWEEN and your looking for something FREAKY!
side note: For those of you with a weak stomach,
don't ever look up eye diseases under google images......
unless its HALLOWEEN and your looking for something FREAKY!
2 comments:
I will be crossing my fingers and toes that they work! And praying for those EYES!!!
I guess if we can read the (highway robbery) words on your blog still I won't be needing the drops yet. Yes, medications are ridiculously priced! All the peanut brittle, greeting cards, and mascara purchases at a Walgreens, CVS, etc. cannot support one on every corner of major cross streets in this town. You know it's the meds keeping them going strong. Hopefully this will do the trick for your talented eyes!
Post a Comment