CAVE MAN OR WHAT?
Finally- a free weekend. While I was busy doing my thang-
my hubby was busy doing his thang...
Which was to create a "brand" for the ranch.
Its been recorded and paid for at the county but the actual brand was not made.
So... my hubby began.... finding the right iron, bending iron, sawing iron, welding iron,
and more things with IRON than I could think of.
(WISH HE COULD HAVE ADDED A LITTLE CLOTHES IRONING IN THERE HEHEHE)
As I was in and out of his work area I noticed he was taking painstaking measures to get it just right.
And much to my surprise, he was even wearing his "safety" goggles as he was working. (Yea!)
But Saturday night it happened....
I was actually asleep in bed. He woke me up about midnight.
He said, "HEY- YOU HAVE TO COME HELP ME".
I said, "wha... wha... what? Say what.... (groggily)
He said, "Come here I wanna show you something"
So I walked into his man cave, which was set up with a spotlight and magnifiers and tools.... and he proceeded to show me this....
His eye. oh ya, see that black spot........
uh huh, you guessed it.. a piece of metal.
So he showed me his tweezers, and surgical tools
and ASKED ME TO REMOVE IT!!!!
AHHHHHHHH.
I (like most people) would consider the EYE as
ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT BODY PARTS WE HAVE!
But to a man who pulls his own teeth this was not that big of a deal.
My response was, "Let me take another look"
(not like I was ever considering doing it, but I thought I might could change his mind.... NOT)
As I looked, he blinked, and he blinked, and blinked...
Did he think we had a contraption like this one?
I threw up my hands and said, "Sorry, hun.... I just can't do it".
(He might have well been asking me to use one of these!!)
I said, "Please let me take you to urgent care".
His rationality was, "They are going to do the same thing there,
so why can't you just do it!"
I said, "Because THEY ARE TRAINED
AND KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING
AND THEY WON'T SCRATCH YOUR EYE OUT
OR GOUGE YOUR CORNEA WHILE THEY ARE DOING IT".
But to no avail, he would not listen.
So off to bed I went.(not that I could return to sleep)
Waking up the next AM I asked "how was your night? Were you able to sleep? Do you want to go to Urgent Care now?"
He said with a smirk on his face..."No, I got it out....with THIS!"
GEEEEZZZZZZ Sighhhhhhhhh
Is he a cave man?
Was he born in the wrong era?
Is he like an old country Dr. ?
Does he posses a talent that someday I will be glad he has?
Even after 35 years of marriage, I often wonder
...who is the man I live with?
Can someone please explain .....
3 comments:
i'm still cringing.
eyes creep me out.
oh, I am still cringing..ouch. I am shivering and twitching! ooooooooooooo ICK!
That is just not normal!
Crazy! tell him i said crazy!
Deep breath.
ew!
HOLY HANNAH........I am still cringing too....OHHHHH SHOOT!!!!! John you are one brave soul!!!!!! OHHHHHH HELL! {sorry 'bout that word} it's in the bible....but dang Gina!!! I can't even imagine doing that....
Post a Comment