Thursday, April 19, 2012

~~ THRILL ME ~~

So I was driving down the street, (big news I know!- HA)
and just happened to glance to the right and see a vendor-person-
on the street corner packing up his truck with his "wares"
It was one of those "garage sales" on the street corner.
I spied a couple of items that looked interesting.
So I stopped (hey, you now me....what else would I do?)
We chatted- he had been there all day 
and it had not been too successful.
While chatting, I was browsing when something 
in the back of the truck caught my eye...
Antique Ceiling tiles!   
24X24- rusty, paint chipping, full of character 
and the mystery as to what ceiling they hung on 
and who had walked under them years ago...
They were calling my name...
 BOBBI, BOBBI please take me home.
Do I need them? NO! do I want them?  Want them???????
(LOVE THEM ~ GOTTA HAVE THEM)
I took a closer look and noticed the price tag of $15 each
(knowing that they go normally for about $35 at the local antique shops I was excited)
I was sure CASH was the only option - I checked my wallet.
DANG IT!!!!  I only had a $20 and a $1 in cash
(I'm a debit card kinda girl)
So frowning I told him that was all the cash I had : (
he looked into my eyes, 
seeing my longing , knowing they would be well taken care of
and he said 
I"LL TAKE IT!
♪♫ OH YA!  ♪♫ DANCE A JIG!  ♪♫PARTY DOWN!  ♪♫ SINGING A HAPPY SONG!
So I am now the proud owner of these 3 lovely tiles for $20!!
Now....What should I do with them? 
I have a couple of ideas... but would love to hear your suggestions!!



1 comment:

Sassy said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY STINKIN' STARS!!!!!! LOVE THEM!!!!!! I am sure what ever you do with them will be awesome.....I wish I had been the one to see him that day........L O V E THEM!!!!