Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dance Centennial 2012

My life has been mostly occupied by the recently performed DANCE CENTENNIAL 2012
click on the media link to see many pictures.
What is that exactly you may ask?
It was a Celebration through song and dance performed by 1200 LDS youth celebrating our Pioneers, our Religious beliefs, and our 100 years of AZ Statehood.  It all began last year in October and finally 2 performances took place at Mesa High School football stadium on April 21st.  Both performance were sell outs.... well-- free but the stands were filled!
Some of my thoughts
**It was awesome to work with my BFF again! After all these years..... oh ya girl we still got it! HAHA  Here's Miss Candice (YOU ROCK!) and myself, play acting the cowgirl part. gotta love you girl! Thanks for the fun times and the memories!
STAKE PRESIDENTS and BISHOPS!
oh man!  Gotta love those men of God.  We are used to seeing them in suits and ties, being spiritual so it was a such fun to have them relax and don on "cowboy" garb, riding their imaginary horses, and hootin' and hollerin'!!!  They portrayed how the "west should have been won" at the OK Corral. It was definitely unusual to have the Relief Society leading the Priesthood!  HA!
 





**YOUTH! ah the youth.  I was prepared for all kinds of issues, but what a joy it all turned out to be.  It definitely was not all fun and games, and when it was time to work, most of them dug in and did their best. AND I LOVED THEM FOR IT!  Mixed in with the hard work were plenty of fun times too.  Time for the kids to chat and get to know each other, time to play (cards on the sidelines) and time for running around (chasing each other) time to flirt, time to give piggy back rides, time to play the tickle games, and just plain enjoy themselves.  As I watched all this, I thought, what an amazing group of kids- all 1200 of them. Good clean wholesome moral respectful youth!  Saturdays Warriors!  I don't think we have anything to worry about with these kids growing up to be our future leaders.  When I saw them- all 1200 of them-  bow their heads in prayer - respecting our Heavenly Father - a little tear welled up in my eyes.


The Deacons had the priviledge of unroll the largest AZ flag in the State of AZ.  62 strips 30 feel long each... ( you see only a small portion of the flag below) what an endeavor that was.  but we gotter dun!
My my most memorable moment would be sitting in the crowd with Linda, listening and joining in as the kids sang this song. Brilliant words for the youth of today.  After the finale, all the Youth gathered in close across the front and back of the football field, linking arms and sang beautifully.  
Here is a quick video of the singing
As Zion’s youth in latter days,
We stand with valiant heart,
With promise shining in our eyes,
Resolved to do our part.
Upon a noble past we build;
The future fills our view.
We face the challenge of our day
And pledge we will be true.

The truths and values we embrace
Are mocked on ev’ry hand.
Yet as we listen and obey
We know we can withstand
The evils that would weaken us,
The sin that would destroy.
With faith, we hold the iron rod
And find in this our joy.

Thru test and trial we’ll have our fears,
But we will not despair.
We’re here to serve a righteous cause;
Truth gives us strength to dare.
We’ll love, and learn, and overcome;
We’ll sing a joyful song,
As Zion’s youth in latter days,
Triumphant, pure, and strong.

The link below is video on FB so I hope you can see it.
And here is the official 
Dance Centennial 2012 CREW!  
(where is Calli?)

It was real!  
A blessing and privileged to work with you.  
Thanks for sharing this experience with me.
( I think I am already going through with drawls!- HAHA)


1 comment:

BLStradling said...

It was a great show! I loved every minute of it. I love it when you share your talents with us all! Thank You!