WHEN TO COMES TO BEING A BOY- ITS HARD WORK.
LOTS OF BANGING AROUND, LOTS OF NOISE AND A LOT OF SWEAT-
RUNNING, JUMPING, CRAWLING!
Hopefully... this little boy
Will enjoy his new GI JOE card table tent he's getting for Christmas.
So he can play ROUGHEM -TOUGHEM
SHOOTEM UPEM- GET THE BAD GUY!
As loud as he wants!
If you want to make a GI Tent for your GI JOE Grandson
GOOD LUCK!
Some Helpful hints: Nothing is set in stone.
Use your imagination! Remember it doesn't have to be perfect
because a GI JOE can use his imagination and is NOT particular!
Go to your local thrift store and
purchase all the "chamo" looking stuff you can find.
It doesn't have to be real chamo-
I even used burlap, mesh, and green corduroy
Maybe even pick up an Army Shirt or two.
It's really cool if you can find one with patches!
Then get your brain to working because there is
NO pattern that (I could find) to make one....
Clip Clip here, sew sew there-
Oops pick it out and resew... (I think you catch my drift)
Be sure to add a couple of wings for a
"secret hiding place mission" crawl through spaces....
Use the pockets for his secret mission papers
or even his little army guys toys
- use every single inch of the chamo shirt somewhere
(because that is what made this a little more expensive than by Pretty Pink Princess Palace )
don't forget to include some chamo windows so no one can sneak up on your little GI JOE
Dont forget the back, cause bad guys like to sneak up on the rear!
And you def need a quick access place to keep his guns and grenades when his tent is under attack.
The Card table for this tent cost $12.50 ( a little more than the last one)
The material and what not $6.50
Army shirt $4
About 4 days of sewing
So there you have it.....
A Cool GI JOE tent for the cost of about $25.

2 comments:
i'm not really into camouflage, but i love this! what a lucky little boy. and you are so thrifty - and creative. amazing!
now . . . come pick up the burp cloth you won a long time ago. before all your babies grow up! please . . .
He is going to love this and you :-). It really is wonderful. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a great spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary
Post a Comment