Reflections on the upcoming Veterans Day.......
I'll say it again and again.I am a PATRIOT!
(a person who vigorously supports his country and its way of life)
I stand when I SING (yes I do sing it) the National anthem, I place my hand over my heart when I say the Pledge of allegiance, I support my troops where ever they are whatever they are doing, I vote so my voice can be heard, I celebrate OUR independence, I attend the tea parties,
I say God bless America.....
Even though I was not born in America, I am a naturalized citizen.
Why does it seem that those who "immigrate"
LEGALLY to this country are the ones that respect it
and ♥love♥ it most?
It seems it is those who came from far away
that realize what a beautiful country we have?
Is it those who appreciate it most?
Wake up Americans --
LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!
( A lil note to Candice my BFF: I include you in the last of the dying breeds with me.
and maybe just maybe its because our BDay's are July 4th and July 6th! )
some emails are worth posting to my blog.......
It is the VETERAN not the Preacherwho has given us freedom of RELIGION!
It is the VETERAN not the reporter
who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the VETERAN not the poet
who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the VETERAN not the campus organizer
who has given us freedom to assemble
It is the VETERAN not the lawyer
who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the VETERAN not the politician
who has given us the right to vote.
It is the VETERAN who salutes the FLAG!
It is the VETERAN not the reporter
who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the VETERAN not the poet
who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the VETERAN not the campus organizer
who has given us freedom to assemble
It is the VETERAN not the lawyer
who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the VETERAN not the politician
who has given us the right to vote.
It is the VETERAN who salutes the FLAG!

2 comments:
I'm so glad you said all that great stuff because, you're right, I'm the same way. I totally love America! Our front door mat says "Welcome Patriots" so YOU qualify!! I got teary at the picture of the man in the wheelchair standing- what is wrong with everyone else? I loved the parades and the 4th of July celebration performances because I always felt so proud and full of emotion for our great country. And, I support SB1070 - read the whole thing yesterday. The short title of the bill is "Support Our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act". Never heard anyone mention that! Sorry to politicize on your blog.....I'm out of school, I have more time...hee hee
Thank you for your great American Post! I love our great country and appreciate your great writing and amazing pictures!
Post a Comment