If you know me at all, you know that I do not ♥ AZ.
Its just too da_ _ HOT!
You can often hear me say,
"if they could take July & August out of the year, maybe I could tolerate the heat"
or
"when Heavenly Father decided to make Hades on earth he chose the Sonoran Desert! "
I know... complain, complain, complain! (sorry)
People say, well then, why don't you move?
If it were up to me we would have moved long ago
and had our family where there was actually 4 seasons.
(Not 2- Hot and Hotter!)
So how does this bring me to Mothers Day?
Its just too da_ _ HOT!
You can often hear me say,
"if they could take July & August out of the year, maybe I could tolerate the heat"
or
"when Heavenly Father decided to make Hades on earth he chose the Sonoran Desert! "
I know... complain, complain, complain! (sorry)
People say, well then, why don't you move?
If it were up to me we would have moved long ago
and had our family where there was actually 4 seasons.
(Not 2- Hot and Hotter!)
So how does this bring me to Mothers Day?
Picture:
Me in the kitchen slaving over a hot stove. 350° Cooking 3 different cakes to make some petit-fours for my daughters for Mothers day.
Picture:
Oven open, Oven closed, Oven Open, Oven Closed
baking...... and baking.... and baking...
(I am sure my kitchen was close to the 350°-
heck I probably could have baked the cakes on the counter top! (j/k)
baking...... and baking.... and baking...
(I am sure my kitchen was close to the 350°-
heck I probably could have baked the cakes on the counter top! (j/k)
Picture:
Then slaving over the stove top making the poured fondant to coat the petit fours.....
three different batches no less.
Picture:
Sweat dripping down my back, face was bright pink,
Picture:
not a word of complaint was coming from this womans mouth... grin and bear it (I know you are saying... really??)
I THINK YOU GET THE PICTURE
Then my hubby comes from in the room from outside and says...
John: Hey-I think Kelsey needs your help out back.....
Me: really, what's up (thinking the worst because of the new baby)
John: I don't know, she is just acting like she needs you.
Me: RUSH OUTSIDE!!!!!!
And lo and behold....
BOOM! A wave of refreshing cool air.
and the heavens were raining down upon my face!
Or so it felt.
I thought, was it raining? hum, Not a cloud in the sky!
Was someone playing a trick and had the hose on top of the house?
Nope....
it was the beautiful, gorgeous, most awesome
John: Hey-I think Kelsey needs your help out back.....
Me: really, what's up (thinking the worst because of the new baby)
John: I don't know, she is just acting like she needs you.
Me: RUSH OUTSIDE!!!!!!
And lo and behold....
BOOM! A wave of refreshing cool air.
and the heavens were raining down upon my face!
Or so it felt.
I thought, was it raining? hum, Not a cloud in the sky!
Was someone playing a trick and had the hose on top of the house?
Nope....
it was the beautiful, gorgeous, most awesome
Mothers Day Back Porch Misting system EVER FOUND!!!!
YEAH HUBBY!
Thank you thank you Thank you!
Yep. the best mothers day EVER!Thank you thank you Thank you!

New Picture:Me outside on my back porch, sitting in my lounge chair,
reading a book staying cool!
All in All, Sunday was a pretty great day.Thank you Kisha and Dan for the awesome flowers and dinner.
Thanks Klete & Tatum for the cute basket of "scrapbook stuff"
you know thats my kind of stuff!
thank you Kelsey and Beau for the gift of a new granddaughter!
BEST PICTURE OF ALL
ME LOVIN' MY LIFE!!
1 comment:
Lucky!!!!! I have been wanting misters forever......and I agree I would have moved forever ago.....I HATE THE HEAT!
Post a Comment