Tuesday, October 27, 2009

PATTERNS OF SQUARES-WHAT A NIGHMARE!

I have some wonderful friends and family members whom are quilters
My sister DD
My Mom (click on the pic to enlarge and see the detail)
This is my fav quilt she madeCome closer and see all this hand and machine stitching detail
and see the little "secret" messages
[My name, my Clan Tartan]
Why, I never knew each quilter placed a
hand a embroider "signature" item on each quilt
Thus the itty bitty spider -my mom's signature.
Then there's others:
Candice (whom has never posted a picture of her quilts-shame on you!!)
and whom is always telling me I should quilt.....
and
Stephanie (see pics)
and
Peggy (see pics)
and
[I am sure there are more]
Until now, I didn't realize how TALENTED they all are.
I always thought, sewing squares together.... how hard can that be?
Now I know......

This is material we had left over from Kelsey's wedding.
Just simple little squares, sewn together to make a guest bedroom bedspread....
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions........
Haven't even sewn anything together yet......
[forwarning to my dear friends- be prepared for a phone call...]
Story to be continued .....

2 comments:

•stephanie• said...

call anytime.
but you're doing great.
just sew pairs together, then pairs of pairs, etc.
until you have rows.
then sew rows together.
{don't forget to match seams! you want perfect corners.}

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Looks great! Will be awfully cute!