Monday, May 11, 2009

I GOT A MOOSE FOR MOTHERS DAY!

My husband often "forgets" things like Mothers Day and BDays and Anniversaries... So, when my husband walked up to me and handed me something wrapped in newspaper I was totally shocked. I unfolded the newspaper slowly [as my son was laughing hysterically at me]
Lo and Behold....
I got a "MOOSE"....

I examined the "Moose" and tried to figure out WHAT it was and WHY my husband would give this to me. I looked at my husband with bewildered eyes saying.... WHERE did you get this. Why? and what am I going to do with a moose?
He said, read the tag.
Then I turned over the little white tag and saw "Pipe holder"
Instantly it brought tears to my eyes.
About 6 mos ago I received a package from my step Mother. My father had passed away and she sent me some of his special things. The package included his glasses, the pocket knife he never left home without, the watch he loved, and his favorite PIPE. These things are as precious to me as they were to him.
Thus an "Antique Moose" that was now
the holder of my Dad's special Pipe.
Yep, this husband of mine definately put some thought into this one!

You may ask why Koltn was laughing hysterically. It was because when Koltn asked John when he got me for Mothers day, John said "A Moose"! Koltn replied "A Moose??" John said, "yep a Moose!"
A new family joke.

SUNDAY IS APRON DAY
Every Sunday my kids come over for dinner and I am always in an apron. Sometimes they are faded, ragged, and fraying. Kisha thought I needed a new one so look what she made me for Mothers Day. Such talent! And way too cute for me!

and last, but certainly not least~~
Isn't it just the BEST to get a "thoughtful" card and
another one that includes a PEDICURE!
Thank you to my family for all the hugs, kisses, I love you's
and for making my Mothers Day the BEST it could be!

3 comments:

Sassy said...

I ♥ the Mr.Moose!!! That was soooooo very thoughtful....when the hubby's put any thought into a gift or "even" think to get a gift...I am way touched.I love that there is a special place for your daddy's pipe now....and I ♥ the apron....Nikki made me one too and I love it! I am glad you had a great Mother's Day!

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Very cute apron! It's darling!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the apron Kisha made for you!!