n.
(sOME OF mY dOLLS aND tEA cUPS)
i ♥♥LOVE♥♥ aNTIQUES. aNYTHING aBOUT aNTIQUES. aNYTHING oLD, aNY cONDITION, aNYTHING tHAT hOLDS mEMORIES fOR aNYONE, I ♥ tHE sMELL oF aNTIQUE sHOPS-tHAT mUSTY oLD sMELL, I ♥ tHE hUNT, I ♥ tHE dISCOVER!!
(mORE aNTIQUE tEA cUPS)
When I look at antiques I always think of those who "used" the item. What was their life like?
(hERE'S sOME oF mY aNTIQUE pERFUME bOTTLE cOLLECTION)
So, you can image how happy I was when my mom told me she was going to give me her little antique "tea cup" and "tea spoon" collection.
(aND mORE aNTIQUE tEA cUPS aND dISHES)
When I was growing up we never saw any of these items. You see my mom was the kind of woman who didn't like pictures on the wall, clutter in any rooms, or memories of the past. So, who knows why she held onto these things. They were tucked away in her closet in her box labeled "Marie's tea cups" and about 5 or 6 years before she passed away she decided to give them to me. I knew she was sending them but when I opened up the box tears began to swell. Tiny cups, larger cups, everyday cups, "proper" tea cups, tea spoons of every size and shape and use. Tea strainers, and several "Coronation" plates cups and containers and British books.
All little pieces of my Mom that I had never seen before.
Now, these items have their "place" in my home. My kids know that when the gkids are of age, we will have special "tea parties" with Nanny with the special dishes from Great Nanny.
Now ... on to the real reason for this blog......
My very special first G'son has learned his way around my house and surely finds all the little cracks and creveces with special "things" in it. Yes, you might know whats coming. He found the little curio cupboard at the end of the hall way. I have seen him walk up to the glass, put his nose on it and just stare at all the goodies inside. He would alway point to the cute little nesting Yomen. (see them in the middle of the above picture) Up until a few days ago he wasn't able to open the cabinet. But .... yesterday he became wise and opened it. I had no idea. I found him in the family room with my Mom's nesting Yomen all apart. I quickly whisked them away and as calmly as I could nicely told him he couldn't have these things. He wimpered as I took them away because they were his newly discovered toy. As I gathered the soldiers to put back into the cabinet, one's head was missing. We have searched high and low and no luck.
As we searched I would show him the Yomen thinking he might lead me to the hidden head, but instead he would twist his head raise his finger and say NO NO NO.
Now, how can you feel bad with your sweet little innocent grandson
who has lost this precious item.
But on the other hand, how can your heart not be broken to have lost an item
that belonged to and reminds you of your Mom who has passed on?
John told me he was young he broke his grandmothers favorite dishes and HE was so upset. His grandma said to him, "Johnny, if it had to be broken, at least it was by someone I love".
I love Linkers!
One who studies, collects, or deals in antiquities.
adj. 1. Of or relating to antiquarians or to the study or collecting of antiquities.
2. Dealing in or having to do with old or rare books.(sOME OF mY dOLLS aND tEA cUPS)
(mORE aNTIQUE tEA cUPS)
When I look at antiques I always think of those who "used" the item. What was their life like?(hERE'S sOME oF mY aNTIQUE pERFUME bOTTLE cOLLECTION)
(aND mORE aNTIQUE tEA cUPS aND dISHES)
All little pieces of my Mom that I had never seen before.
Now, these items have their "place" in my home. My kids know that when the gkids are of age, we will have special "tea parties" with Nanny with the special dishes from Great Nanny.
Now ... on to the real reason for this blog......
As we searched I would show him the Yomen thinking he might lead me to the hidden head, but instead he would twist his head raise his finger and say NO NO NO.
Now, how can you feel bad with your sweet little innocent grandson
who has lost this precious item.
But on the other hand, how can your heart not be broken to have lost an item
that belonged to and reminds you of your Mom who has passed on?
John told me he was young he broke his grandmothers favorite dishes and HE was so upset. His grandma said to him, "Johnny, if it had to be broken, at least it was by someone I love".
I love Linkers!
2 comments:
Good luck in finding the Mister's head! Ack!
ahem... the word verification is TURDSHI!
Your antiques are sooooooooooooo gorgeous and what precious memories of your mom....I LOVE ANTIQUES as well....they make me so happy....what a sweet story for your little grandson to hear down the road...My granddaughter lost baby Jesus to our nativity and I later found it inside a bird house....you never know.
Post a Comment