Monday, February 15, 2016

1 Feb 2016 #5 What kind of work did your parents do (farmer, salesman, manager, seamstress, nurse, stay-at-home mom, professional, laborer, and so on)?

Well I am a little behind.
I went to a Genealogy Convention in SLC Utah Called Roots Tech and LEARNED so much!  I enjoyed the time off work, and all the fun "train rides" I experience with Debbie in 7° weather and SNOW!  It was pretty amazing to see DEER outside her sisters house each morning too!  It was a beautiful time in every way. Thanks Deb for sharing the week with me!
Here we are on our way to catch the train....  brrrrr but I loved Every minute!

I'm excited to "get to genealogy work" 
that I forgot my weekly blog entry.  
So I am playing Catch up!  
Here is Week 5 and Week 6 combined.

If you have read my other posts you probably already know what my parents occupations were.  My Dad was a lifer in the Air Force, then when he retired from there, he worked at Boeing in Mesa AZ in the Electronic design department.
I didn't know my dad when he worked for Boeing, but I do know he retired from there as well.  After he retired from Boeing he started a little woodcraft shop and made wood toys and sold them online.   He also love to make furniture and furnished his entire house in Young AZ.  See below mini collection I have of his handiwork.






If you read my other entries, you would know my Mom, Marie, was a house maid at a young age in England, then she was a stay at home Mom after she was married in England.  After our Dad left, she was a seamstress and a stay at home Mom  (but with 5 girls she never really stayed at home)- and finally in Texas, she worked at Pillsbury in the Quality Control Department.  Pillsbury was on the outskirts of Denison, kinda on the way to Lake Texoma.  We lived on the other side of town, but there was a freeway that Mom could drive to take her to work.  For the next 20 years, she wore a white Uniform dress and later white pant suits, hair nets, and white shoes.  Everyday!  On a very rare occasion we were allowed to visit Mom at work. We had be approved to come into the building and had to wait in the Break room for her to come get us.  I remember long halls, smelly chemicals, and loud machines.  AS we would walk down the hallway, Nancy Smathers would say... Oh Marie, its one of your girls. If she took us into the quality control area, as soon as the door shut, the noise went silent.  Mom worked her fingers to the bone EVERY day of her life.  She was a workaholic by description these days.  She taught us all the strong work ethics we all have now.  Thanks Mom! Love and Miss you everyday!



This is mom in her uniform (after they were allowed to wear colors) 
being awarded as an remarkable employee.




No comments: