I don't know when I've been so blue....
Don't it make my brown eyes....
Don't it make my brown eyes......
Don't it make my brown eyes.... blue
"Hello, My name is Dr. Lewis (shaking my hand)
Don't it make my brown eyes....
Don't it make my brown eyes......
Don't it make my brown eyes.... blue
"Hello, My name is Dr. Lewis (shaking my hand)
... sorry
but I am a little surprised to see someone
so young
in my
office.
I am
used to seeing patients much older than you.....
(....the
visit started off pretty nice....)
But, after
some intensive eye exams, I have learned
that I have
lost 60% of the vision in my right eye,
and 32% of
my vision in my left.
That vision
will never return.
~fini~
Dr. Lewis
says, "Well.... Mrs. Rogers the news is not so good.
You definitely have
some damage.
But, you
have about 30 years left to go
on those
eyes of yours so we must take
some
aggressive action to ensure no more vision is lost.
There are 3
choices,
eye
drops,
laser
surgery,
and a more
aggressive invasive surgery.
Dr. Lewis
says "We will start with the lesser
invasive approach with the eye drops,
Then we will
reevaluate in 30 days.
So you may
be asking
how the song has anything to do with this story?
The drops I
will be taking with have a multiple of effects.
One of them
is that they will turn my
BLUE eyes BROWN!
my eyes will
appear to be very blood shot,
both of my lids a dark shade of brown.
both of my lids a dark shade of brown.
So instead
of my brown eyes being blue....
my ♪♫ blue eyes will be ♪♫ brown ♪♫.
But really,
at this point,
who would care about the color of their eyes,
Just being able to see is what counts!
One last
note.....I thought I just show you these
itty bitty
teeny tiny eye drop containers
accompanied by their large -very large list of contraindications
accompanied by their large -very large list of contraindications
Of all the
things I feared happening to me
losing my
vision was not one of them.
(Side note
to my sisters- Dr. Lewis says this is very hereditary and you should get
your eyes checked at once- many people, like me never even know they have it
until it's too late)
1 comment:
I so hope the drops work! Going blind has always been one of my fears! Love you!
Post a Comment