From 2004 to 2006 Klete served an honorable mission is Guayaquil Ecuador. Needless to say, we are so very proud of his service.
While serving he came across a leather maker who did
SOME BEAUTIFUL ART WORK!!
Klete commissioned him to "MAKE" a picture for him.
It was rather large, so Klete had to curl it into a backpack to bring it home.
Even though it was out of shape
it was beautiful and the details are simply amazing!
I steamed it flat and this is what it looked like.
(sorry about the flash)
It sat around for a couple of years. I purchased him a frame and gave it to him to put together because I wasn't sure how he wanted it framed. Again, it sat around for a while. Then a few months back, he returned it to me saying,
"Mom, I don't care how you frame it, but will you do it for me?"
So for his Birthday, I worked on it and this is the end result!
SOME BEAUTIFUL ART WORK!!
Klete commissioned him to "MAKE" a picture for him.
It was rather large, so Klete had to curl it into a backpack to bring it home.
Even though it was out of shape
it was beautiful and the details are simply amazing!
I steamed it flat and this is what it looked like.
(sorry about the flash)
It sat around for a couple of years. I purchased him a frame and gave it to him to put together because I wasn't sure how he wanted it framed. Again, it sat around for a while. Then a few months back, he returned it to me saying,"Mom, I don't care how you frame it, but will you do it for me?"
So for his Birthday, I worked on it and this is the end result!


the gold writing (barely visable) is embossed to say:If all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men. (Alma 48:17)
(to get the full effect, click on the picture-again sorry 'bout the flash)
What do you think? Did I do good?
3 comments:
Beautiful! I think you should mass produce and I will be your first customer!
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY STINKIN' STARS!!!!!!! That is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!! I'll bet he is so glad he had that person make that for him.........what a great piece of work.....I LOVE IT and he still doesn't love it.........I could make a place for it down here on my wall......Bobbi.....well done!
You have more talent in your little finger than I have in my entire being! Simply amazing!
Post a Comment