Have you ever felt you were born in the wrong place at the wrong time?
I have often felt I was supposed to be a duchess in the 16th or 17th century
living in a castle with the grounds covered in Daffodils!
(am I just a romantic at heart?)
living in a castle with the grounds covered in Daffodils!
(am I just a romantic at heart?)
all I know is that I have always felt a little misplaced. (I know you are all getting out your psychology books ready to help me!) To be positively honest, I think I was meant for the life and climate of my original home in England. Even as a younger child growing up in TX I have always felt I was British by nature. That probably came from my mother. Anyway.....
(play and listen as you read on)
Today I truly feel like I was born to be a gardener who lives in a
beautiful moist climate where I can garden to my hearts content.
(yep, I guess even an old lady can still dream)
Here's some of my Arizona attempts.
As a young girl in England there was a old friend who lived down the street who's back yard was a beautiful garden, it was a "garden of Eden" for birds.
The birds were wild, yet tame enough to eat from your hand.
One of my best childhood memories!!
(play and listen as you read on)
Today I truly feel like I was born to be a gardener who lives in a
beautiful moist climate where I can garden to my hearts content.
(yep, I guess even an old lady can still dream)
Here's some of my Arizona attempts.
As a young girl in England there was a old friend who lived down the street who's back yard was a beautiful garden, it was a "garden of Eden" for birds.The birds were wild, yet tame enough to eat from your hand.
One of my best childhood memories!!
Isn't it truly amazing to watch as flowers reach up smiling and opening their petals to soak in the sunlight-I see them as Gods beautiful living creations! Thank you Mom for giving me the gift to feel a happier and uplifted when I see beautiful green grass, lush trees, ferns, and beautiful flowers. I feel refreshed and renewed.
Also, when I was younger my mother had a rock garden. Gorgeous!! I remember the hours of her on her knees weeding and planting, sowing and tending. I've always had the idea to enclose my entire AZ back yard with an over cover so I can have a beautiful rock garden like she had. Maybe someday......
ALAS..... Unfortunately all of these things are rare to find in AZ. Now- RIGHT NOW- last few weeks and probably this week- is the time, THE ONLY TIME, to see the beautiful landscapes and gardens covered in all types of blossoms..
It comes quickly and leaves quickly. In an out before you realize. DON'T BLINK!! In just a week or so, we can say goodbye to beauty and hello to the dry hot desert and cactus take over. (sniff sniff)Maybe this is why I
am also enjoying my cake decorating class....
I love making rosebuds, chrysanthemums, and roses!
am also enjoying my cake decorating class....
I love making rosebuds, chrysanthemums, and roses!
I love my family and I love my life,
but secretly hidden deep inside there is a little yearning to be elsewhere.
but secretly hidden deep inside there is a little yearning to be elsewhere.




2 comments:
The flowers (in your garden AND on the cake) are amazing! GReat job....you must be the cake deorating class star!
YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!! Everything you touch is pure beauty!
Post a Comment