Monday, January 4, 2010

2010---REALLY??

2010- Really?
I never thought I would make it to the year 2010.
That number seemed so "futuristic" & "Twilight Zone-ish"

But its here~~
and I'm here
~~
(and I feel so blessed)
I am hopeful and optimistic for new good wonderful things.
Best wishes to all of my family and friends and loved ones.

"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called "Opportunity" and its first chapter is New Year's Day." Edith Lovejoy Pierce

Happy New Year British Style!!
[Big Ben & London Eye overlooking the Thames River]



He came to my desk with a quivering lip: the lesson was done.
Have you a new page for me, Teacher, for I have spoiled this one.
I took his old page, soiled and blotted,
and gave him a new one all unspotted
And into his sad face I smiled and said, "Do better now, my child"

I came to His Throne with an aching heart, the year was done
Have you a new one for me, Master, for I have spoiled this one.
He took my old year, soiled and blotted,
and gave me a new one all unspotted.
and into my sad heart He smiled and said, "Do better now, my child."