Thursday, October 7, 2010

What if God was one of us?

In my book, its hard to find anyone more comical than Sue on Glee.  
The writers for her character must have a hoot writing her lines!
 but...... last week I was just about to give up on Glee-[dang it]!  
it was all about the Britny/Brittany and "teen sex" scene.  
I was disappointed to say the least. 

I had forgotten it was auto-tuned and came on again this week. 
It was about belief in God. 
I was a little scared to watch thinking they would perform a warped view, but I was actually surprised.  
Of course there were a few things I don't agree with, but I loved the fact that they gave the message that all kids must find their own answers.  
No one should be put down for their own beliefs.  
(We could send some Missionaries to the set to help Kurts and Fin's character!)
And there were a few special moments that I actually agree'd with and enjoyed.

And this was one of them.(I actually teared up at this part)
Sue speaking to her handicapped older sister:
Sue:  I don't believe in God. You were perfect in my eyes 
         and when I saw how others treated you I lost my faith.
Sister/Jean:  God doesn't make mistakes Sue.  Can I pray for you?
Sue: I'd like that!
Even Sue has a heart!


The finale of course was a group song.  
The debate was if they should be allowed to sing about God.
Here's what they sang:
Papa:
and 
What if God was one of us
GOD is GREAT!
GOD is GOOD!
In the end, even Sue had to agree 
that the kids coming together to sing this song was right!

2 comments:

•stephanie• said...

i was a little uncomfortable watching, too.
i agree, though . . . the scenes with sue and her sister always tug at my heartstrings.
and as a former show choir member . . . i always LOVE the production numbers!

Unknown said...

i know- the last 2 or 3 have been a bit iffy- i hope they come back to the slightly less, "shove my ideals down your throat" mode so we can watch more than just the rad songs...