Actors: Candice, Bobbi, Unknown "neighbor"
Setting the stage: Imagine.... 5:30AM. its still pretty dark. Other than the occasional rushing car its the flickering street lights that lights up the darkness. Two women, taking an early morning brisk walk. One in sweats, the other in a heavy coat, gloves, hooded jacket.
The Plot: March 10,2010. True story about the walk, the curb, the fall.
The scene opens:
The 2 women are walking briskly, chatting, and occasionally laughing in the middle of their regular morning exercise session. They are totally absorbed in the conversation, they approach a corner.
Nonchalantly proceeding as they do every morning, it happened, right in the middle of a sentence...SPLAT!
Well, it was actually more like S... P... L... A... T... (slow-mo....)The taller one, Candice (either has toes of steel and kicked the curb and broke off this piece of concrete, or it was broken and in the darkness the concrete was not seen) trips over the curb.

Down
..........Down...................Down she went......
.........................................In silence....
........................................................No screams (good job candice!)
Candice reaction.... lay there and not say a word
Candice thoughts.... uh.. I am not moving. I can't get up for a few minutes.
Bobbi reaction.... beginning softly and getting louder with each call...
CANDICE~ CANDICE? CANDICE?????????!!!!!!!
Candice gives no response.
Bobbi (thinks to herself, okay she either is laughing and kissing the concrete or she is passed out or knocked out.)
Bobbi reaches out to see if Candice is concious, then hears a softest little tiny whimper voice.....
Candice: I'm okay......
Bobbi: (Holding her breath in shock asks) are you okay, is anything broken, can you move, oh my gosh!, are you still with me-- Candice? , can you get up, let me help you, candice.....Candice (slowly begins to roll over)
Neighbor: (In a vehicle, slowly pulls to a complete stop. Neighber opens the car door asking) What happened? Can I help?
By this time Candice has come to a full sitting position on the curb.
What took about 3-5 minutes in actual time seemed like an eternity!
Candice (begins to speak...) I'm okay, nothing broken.... but
Candice (Chuckling)♪♫ WHAT THE HECK !!!! ♪♫
Candice chuckle gets louder and harder. Contageously Bobbi starts to chuckle and then laugh...
Bobbi (laughingly) I'm sorry for laughing.....
Candice (laughs) oh no, this is something definitely laugh worthy!
Bobbi leans over to help Candice stand and they both almost fall down laughing. They continue their walk, laughing, reminiscing the event, how it happened, what they said, and their chuckles carried them all the way on their journey.
AFTER THE FALL -What is the Moral of the story:
#1. When exercising, wear a heavy jacket and gloves for added "cush".
#2. Always walk in the dark so if you do fall, no one else will see except for the occasional vehicle and your best friend.
#3 When walking... pay attention to where your feet are going!
#4. If you survive an falling accident with out having a heart attack it might actually be a funny memory to share with your BFF!

6 comments:
Great story and great advice! I am so glad that no one was injured. Keep up the good work!
Glad she wasn't hurt. Great story telling. Next you need to recap the day she came to a stop on her motorcycle and fell over. Another great tale....
I'm actually shocked she wasn't hurt. She usually ends up hurting something...I mean she is pushing 60....hahahahahhahahahah
I was laughing out loud while reading this story...good times...
I am now in great pain after reading this post! I just started laughing until tears came again and you know-- I really am hurt--my ribs and all, so it was painful to laugh at your post. Yes, very good story telling. Now for the rest of the story.....I actually took myself to the emergency room on Sat. morning because I thought I was having a heart attack or something horrible. After x-rays and EKG (all normal), Doc says this is a common experience after a fall. It gets worse 3-5 days after a fall because just breathing keeps irritating your injuries. But alas, I'm alive and can still laugh!
whew!! glad to know the ER visit showed nothing but.....
old bones, and old innards!!
Still getting visions of me racing around with you in a wheelchair and me not knowing who you are and where we are going!! HA
oh, my! This was hilarious. I was also laughing outloud, here by myself at the computer. What a great story! Glad Candice wasn't permanently hurt!
Post a Comment