Sunday, February 1, 2009

IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL!

Those of you who know me know I didn't have much of a relationship with my dad. More of an acquaintance- but a loving one.
You also know my son Koltn. He has a girlfriend named Lauren (love her!).

Well, at a recent wrestling match (MHS vs Mt. View - we busted their buns at! Go Rabbits!!) I met Lauren's mother. Colleen. Nice lady. Of course, we were chatting as I always do and come to find out, she was raised in Young AZ. Young is a sleepy little community up in the White Mtn's of AZ. Very Quiet, peaceful. You can only get to it on a long rocky road.

You ask why I mention this? Well, that is the place where I first began my relationship with my Dad. At the age of 21 I got up the gumption to meet him and found him in Queen Creek AZ. He shortly moved from QC to Young. John and I visited many times. We were beginning a wonderful relationship. John loved my dad. So did I. It was good times. Anyway.... on with my story.

Colleen was raised there and has fond memories of growing up there. I hesitated, by eventually told her my Dad and Gill (step mom) lived there. She gasped! Really! "I knew them well," she said. Her parents and Dad and Gill were great friends. She was at my Dad's house often. Her family would attend church with my dad. She said my Dad and Gill were "good people".

Funny how small our big world is!

2 comments:

•stephanie• said...

oh, darn!
the post i really wanted to comment on doesn't exist any more - only in my google reader.
but, because of your dad's response to the mall teenager - he is now officially my favorite old person of all time.
what an awesome comeback.
loved it!

Sassy said...

wow....it is a small world...what a coincidence!