I am sure you've heard of the theory of SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION.
Six degrees of separation refers to the idea that everyone is on average approximately six steps away, by way of introduction, from any other person on Earth, so that a chain of, "a friend of a friend" statements can be made, on average, to connect any two people in six steps or fewer
Well, I have met someone who is only 5 degrees away
from me but she is not a "friend" she is a relative.
"Roseann" (1) who by the way is very sweet
is married to Roy Twining- my cousin(2),
who's father Donny(3)
is brother to Robert(4)
my(5) father.
I hope I didn't confuse you.
I lived most of my life not knowing
that Roy or Roseann (and their family) ever existed.
What a shame.
But we know each other now and I owe it to some very kind people, my love for genealogy,
love for family, and the use of the internet.
So now my reason for telling you all this.
Roseann has been telling me about a photo album
that contains some family photo's- very old photo's.
I have been drooling....... (you know me)
she so very graciously tried to
share some pictures with me on Facebook
but instead.
she decided to SEND ME THE ALBUMS!
The tears begin to flow....
my dad and Nicky
Uncle Donny
General Nathan Twining
When I saw this letter, the tears began to flow.
This is a letter my Dad wrote to Roy.
It was simply wonderful just to see his handwriting.
Now, please excuse me.....
for the next few days
as I absorb all the information and pictures
and get to know my Dad and his family a little bit better.
Roseann.......
you will never know....
what this means to me.
thank you!
5 comments:
Got goose bumps all over! So happy for you!
I loved this post....and all your others, by the way. But just to let you know, I DON'T know about the 6 degrees of separation. All those morning walks together and I just don't know about this......Now I have been enlightened!!
BOBBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THERE IS A BEAR IN TINSEL AND A SANTA HAT RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
p.s. congratulations on your genealogy successes, too.
Isn't it amazing how, as we age, those kinds of things become more and more important to us. Precious pieces of information that put "life" to a name. It also makes me even more excited to meet them someday in the hereafter when we know what kind of great individual they were on earth. That is so awesome that she sent you the whole album. Loved this post!....and I have to agree with Steph on the tinsel bear thing...I don't think I could sleep with him in my house. I know I'd jump everytime I walked through the room!
What a TREASURE!!!! I would have cried too..........I am so happy for you! I love that bear you live with......he is awesome!!!!
Post a Comment