Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Things I am NOT thankful for.....

Happy Thanksgiving to One and All. 
Yes, there is much to be thankful for.  At this time of the year all I read about is the things people are thankful for....I could do the same because there are SO MANY things I could mention- ..... Church, family, friends, home, health, abundance and luxury's I enjoy, good people in the world, the list can go on and on.
In fact, there are so many things I am thankful for that my prayers at night are an hour long before I even begin them....
BUT ....
INSTEAD
You know me, always trying to be different, 
never really going with the flow......... I choose to be radical 
and hopefully a little humorous and list the 
things I am NOT thankful for this past thanksgiving day/weekend.


***I am not thankful for Black Friday which now comes Thursday night at 10PM.
***I am not thankful for standing in line next to the lady who smokes a pack of cigarettes on Black Friday while standing in line on Thursday night at 10PM.
***I am NOT thankful for the Wally World worker who warned me that the "kids motorized cars" were located in the garden department where there were already 100's of people and it was a free for all when the black tarps are removed.
***I am NOT thankful for the scary life fearing look on my daughters face as we entered into the said Garden Department.
***I am not thankful for the men and teenage boys who literally ran down the ladies and carried all but 1 of the 10 driving cars (that 200 people were waiting for) over their heads to the cashier. ( I just wanted to gitchee gitchee goo tickle the tummy of one of them as they walked by with their hands over their heads to see what would happen if they dropped the vehicle)
***I am NOT thankful for the rain as is misted and sprinkled down on our heads while waiting in line for the Old Navy Black Friday deals at 12 Midnight!
***I am NOT thankful for the cute sandals that my daughter in law wore which broke and she had to walk around barefoot all over Old Navy and into the parking lot on Friday night at midnight.
***I am NOT thankful for all the merchandise which was rock bottom priced that I was able to find but NOT IN THE RIGHT sizes.
***I am NOT thankful for the stone cold stone we sat on while we waiting in line for the doors to OPEN OPEN OPEN (imagine the old Mervyn's commercial)
***I am NOT thankful for Kohl s lines that circled the store- not only once- but TWICE to the check out stand.
***I am NOT thankful for the two ladies who inched and pushed their way laughing nonchillantly as tried to sneak their way past others waiting patiently and HONESTLY!
***I am NOT thankful for the look in my daughters eyes because she was so tired and hadn't made even one purchase and it was 2:30AM.
***I am NOT thankful that the BLACK Friday thing is so overrated and hyped and promoted by the merchants.
[No this is not the garden dept.  
This is the line for a new DVD which remains nameless because it is covered with a big black tarp!]

Now the moral of the story.... (yes there is one)
Being NOT thankful this Black Friday, has made we really appreciate my previous stance to be thankful that I have STAYED AWAY FROM BLACK FRIDAY!

No comments: